HKUST Study Abroad
HKUST Study Abroad
Text Area


Exchange students can apply by following the steps below.

Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Text Area
Nomination by home institution

Seek the nomination by your home institution. Please check with your home institution for the application procedure, eligibility requirements and timeline. Normally, you should submit an application to your home institution, who would then forward their nominations to HKUST.

Text Area
HKUST application

If HKUST accepts the nomination, we will send login information to you to proceed to complete the HKUST application. An application guide is available for download here when the application period begins.

Text Area
Post-application procedures

After you submit the application, HKUST will review it, and may contact you if more information is required. If not, you will receive an email from us instructing you to log back into the system to complete the post-application procedures.

Text Area


As part of the HKUST application, you should have ready the supporting documents listed below.

Your academic transcript

Your academic transcript should be:

  • The most up-to-date version of your transcript detailing the courses taken and currently being taken, and the grades obtained
  • With an explanation of the grading system in your home institution
  • A translated copy together with the original transcript if the original is not in English

Your passport copy

Please ensure that your passport will still have at least six months’ validity from the day you plan to leave Hong Kong after your study ends. Please renew your passport as soon as possible and send us the copy of the renewed one once it is ready.

Evidence of language proficiency

English is the language of instruction at HKUST. If you are studying at an institution where English is not the primary language of instruction, you may be required to provide evidence

Text Area


Other procedures, such as those outlined below, should also be completed as part of the application. Details are provided when HKUST confirms your exchange placement.

  • University housing application
  • Student visa application
  • Other required forms