- There is no nomination required from HKUST. Students should apply directly to the host institution and are responsible for reviewing the program details and take care of the whole application process with the host institution.
- Please ensure you follow the requirements set by the host institution for the application process, offer commitment process, payment deadline, course selection procedures, and all other instructions given by the host institution.
Register with HKUST
Students who participate in Winter Study Abroad Programs listed on our website may also register your program with us on MyStudyAbroad System so that you can apply for credit transfer and HKUST Study Abroad Funding Support (if applicable).
Please refer to below procedures on how to complete your program registration:
- Register your program on MyStudyAbroad System by completing the Study Abroad Program Registration.
- You will need to specify the program name and the host institution you are admitted to.
- You will also need to upload a copy of the admission letter issued by the host institution, proof of your commitment to the program (i.e. tuition payment proof).
- Upon successful registration, you will receive a confirmation from the system.
The University's Travel Insurance Plan
Students who have received the University's approval for the program registration will then be covered by the University's Travel Insurance Plan. Upon receipt of the University's approval to your program registration, you can apply for the insurance certificate with us in case if you are required to provide a copy to the host institution by emailing to OGL. Please indicate your Student ID and flight itinerary in the email.
Students should pay attention to the details of the University's Travel Insurance Plan listed on Scholarship and Financial Aids Office, including the eligibility, coverage, and claim procedures. You are suggested to purchase your own travel insurance if you found yourself ineligible for the plan, or the coverage is not enough to support your trip.
Program List - Winter 2023-24
The list will be updated if further information is received from the host institutions.
Tallinn Winter School
8 Jan - 26 Jan 2024 (3 weeks)
Language, ICT, Creative and Design, Culture
Tallinn Winter School, organised since 2010, is a 3-week programme in January, which includes language courses and creative workshops and provides a fascinating cultural programme. Tallinn Winter School has a casual and relaxed atmosphere, yet still maintains a scholastic approach, as well as acceptance of a wide diversity of opinions.
1 Dec 2023
Winter Aborad At Yonsei (WAY)
27 Dec 2023 - 17 Jan 2024 (3 weeks)
Korean Language, Korean Popular Culture, Business, Computer graphics, Psychology, History
Winter Abroad at Yonsei is a 3-week program focusing on academic achievement with various courses along with distinguished cultural and historical lectures related to Korean society.
16 Nov 2023 (Early bird discount: 12 Oct 2023)